In regards to the ban by Lagos and Ogun state governments on all religious gathering of more than 50 persons for four weeks, as a measure in managing the spread of Coronavirus; the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has made changes to the service schedule in states.
The Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) and the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) endorsed the ban; as a measures to save the lives of Nigerians.
Many other churches in Lagos have complied to the directives of the state government in a statement; such as the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), Daystar Church, House on The Rock Church, and many others.
In a memo titled “Slight Alteration in the mode of Service for Parishes in Lagos and Ogun State”; the church’s Assistant General Overseer – Pastor J.F. Odesola elaborated on the changes made to the services.
- Parishes that have an average attendance of 50 members or less can hold their services without any alteration or changes.
- Parishes that have an average attendance above 50 members are directed to make use of their House Fellowship Centres to run simultaneous services with the main Church.
- Parishes that have the facility to run more than one service can also do so, under the strict directive that worshippers won’t exceed 50 people per service.
- One supervising minister and an usher could be seconded to each centre for the collation of necessary reports (attendance, new converts, newcomers, etc)
- All centres are requested to connect to Dove Television to join the live broadcast from the General Overseer during the period
- Kindly be informed that this arrangement shall be in operation for the next few weeks based on the position of the government.
We pray for God’s intervention concerning this disease.