Connect with us

UNCATEGORIZED

Sharia council condemns carpenter’s attack


The Kaduna State Chapter of the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, on Sunday, declared that the attack on Francis Emmanuel by some irate youths in Kaduna last week for eating during the Ramadan was not Islamic.
The Chairman of the council, Sheikh Yusuf Rigachikun, stated this when he led other members of the council to visit the victim at St. Gerard’s Catholic Hospital, Kaduna.
Emmanuel, a carpenter, was attacked with knives and other dangerous weapons by unknown persons on Tuesday in Kakuri, Kaduna, for eating around 2.30pm, an action they found unpalatable during the fast.
Represented by Tukur Abdussalal, a member of the council, Rigachukun said the council was “upset’’ after receiving the news of the ugly incident and decided to visit and console the victim.
He added, “We are deeply sorry that this has happened. It is not Islamic and we condemn it.
“We received the news with disbelief and decided as a council to come and console you and share in your pains,” he told Emmanuel.
He pointed out that as a Christian, the victim had nothing to do with Islamic practices, adding that there was no basis for the attack.
“Even if it were a Muslim that decided to eat during Ramadan, no one has the right to attack him. The best any one can do is to sue such person to the Sharia Court for appropriate action.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

More in UNCATEGORIZED

%d bloggers like this: